Susan Findlay is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the Susan Findlay website and governs data collection and usage. By using the Susan Findlay website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
What information does Susan Findlay collect about me?
Personal information that we collect may include your name, contact details (phone numbers, email and addresses), your date of birth, job, course information, your personal interests, credit card or billing information and any other personal information relating to you that you supply to us.
How does Susan Findlay collect my information
Susan Findlay collects your information in two ways:
- Personal information you choose to disclose. You may, for example, provide us with your information when you post something on our site, when you register for any features and/or courses on our site that require registration, when you contact us (online or offline) or when you order goods or services from us.
We will inform you prior to collecting your personal information if it is requested on a voluntary basis and the consequences of not providing voluntary personal information.
In a separate automatic operation the web server will collect your IP address and browser type and details of the website, application or email communication you came from before entering our site. This information is used to:
- work out how many times our site has been visited
- record which parts of our site have been visited so we can improve the content and layout of the site
- understand the effectiveness of our email communications
What will Susan Findlay do with my personal information?
Susan Findlay uses your personal information for a variety of business purposes which are in our legitimate interests ("Business Purposes"), and/or in order to enter into or perform a contract with you ("Contractual"), and/or with your consent ("Consent"), and/or compliance with our legal obligations ("Legal Reasons"). For example, we may use your personal information:
- to provide you with the relevant services through our applicable site, for Contractual Reasons
- to process your online purchases, for Contractual Reasons
- to inform you about and provide more information on products and services offered by us and our group companies, for our Business Purposes or with your Consent such as newsletters
- to improve the products and services offered to you for our Business Purposes
- for marketing for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent
- be used to manage future communications between us including about our products and services. You can opt out from receiving such communications services at any time by emailing email@example.com
- for statistical or analytical purposes for our Business Purposes
- to detect, prevent or investigate security breaches or fraud for our Business Purposes and/or Legal Reasons
- to otherwise better meet the needs and preferences of our customers for our Business Purposes
Susan Findlay will not allow unrelated third parties to use your personal information for marketing without your consent. Where we rely on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.
Susan Findlay also uses personal information to identify types of user, audit how our sites are used, and to help with the strategic development of our sites. When doing so, we remove any direct identifiers.
Email Marketing and Opt-Out
Susan Findlay will send you regular newsletters that will contain information to the profession and the courses we offer.
Susan Findlay will not send you marketing emails if you have opted out of receiving them. Any marketing emails we send you will include an unsubscribe link at the end of the email.
How long does Susan Findlay keep my details for?
Susan Findlay will keep your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we are processing your personal information unless the law permits or requires longer. For example, we might need to keep your personal data for quality assurance of the service we have provided, or we might need to keep it to defend future legal claims.
What rights do I have?
In some regions, such as the EEA (European Economic Area), you may have certain rights in relation to your personal information, including the right to:
- request access to and obtain a copy of your personal information
- rectification of your personal information if it is no longer accurate or erasure of your personal information if our retention is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected
- restrict or object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- data portability (if applicable)
If you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information please send your request to us using the details set out in the "Contacting Susan Findlay " section below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
You may also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner (if you are in the UK) or to your local data protection supervisory authority if you are unhappy with our privacy practices notified under this Privacy Notice.
Security of your personal information
Susan Findlay secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Susan Findlay secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Web sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Changes to this statement
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will always include the date of a new version so that you know when there has been a change.
Contacting Susan Findlay
Data Protection Officer
The Annexe, LYST
The Old Fire Station
Town Hall Approach Road
London, N15 4RX
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org